SanDiegoRadio Job Board
By Joe Nelson
PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT – LOCAL MEDIA SAN DIEGO
91X| 91.1 XTRA-FM
Specific duties include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Draft proposals with concert venues and 3rd clients for promotional opportunities, including product giveaways, local concerts and events.
- Regularly update station website events, concerts, contests, and photo galleries on a daily basis and additional content as needed.
- Coordinate with department to oversee promotional calendar of appearances and giveaways, following up on details for activation (confirmation, promotion activation, delivery of prizes for winners).
- Organize event folders with updated information mirroring the promo calendar as it develops, communicating pertinent information to street team and jocks.
- Focus, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Assist with general overall department duties to the Promotions Director, Promotions Coordinator and other station personnel
- Office duties may include: working with clients on pre-event preparations, listener correspondence, social network updating, filing, and other duties as needed.
- Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Reliable, punctual and possess strong social skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires a positive attitude, strong customer service and organizational skills
- Candidate must be a self motivate, creative thinker
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Two-Years College Preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Website and Internet experience
- Knowledge of San Diego and surrounding area is a plus
- Knowledge of broadcasting equipment is a plus
- 18 years old
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of music formats and relevant artists
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please